Storyist Forums

Character Cards

shepneil56

One of the most frustrating things is the inability to view characters whilst in writing view. If we could create character cards and then link them to the relevant index/scene cards that could be easily called up it would make character usage across multiple scenes very easy

You can do this in Storyist for Mac using Workspaces so I suspect it will come to Storyist for iPad eventually.

-T

Hi shepneil56,

One of the most frustrating things is the inability to view characters whilst in writing view. If we could create character cards and then link them to the relevant index/scene cards that could be easily called up it would make character usage across multiple scenes very easy

Agreed. Ideally, you'd like to have all of the story sheet info at your disposal while writing--characters, location info, etc... Doing it without cluttering the interface is the challenge.

One way to accomplish it would be to extend the comments model to other story-related data so that tapping a character image in the margins expands to show a mini character editor similar to the one you get when you tap a character bubble in a section sheet. Another would be have a horizontal swipe move the manuscript to reveal related info.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I would second this... having the "workspaces" when in writing mode limited to only section outline/cards is cumbersome and tends to be more an annoyance than a help, especially when I've planned things out in detail before turning on the fullscreen writing mode with plot points and character development points.

• 4 months later...

Archived