Storyist Forums

Export to epub only gives old version

bspaggs

So I exported my novel to epub in order to get feedback. I didn't realize it until I checked my sister's nook - it exported a version that is two months old. No new edits are included. No matter how many times I export it, I still get the same old version. A little frustrated that all my readers have to reread the whole thing because they read the unedited version! Please help!

Oh Wait. I lied. Seems that my computer is the problem - those who got it on a nook or ipad DID get the right version, but any version I try to open on my computer is the pld one. So not a Storyist bug after all...although suggestions as to why my computer is doing this would of course be appreciated :)

Hi, bspaggs--

I was about to write and say that I had never encountered that behavior when I saw your second post.

You don't say whether you have Lion. If you do, its restore feature can have quite bizarre results. My best guess is that you are exporting the epub file to a folder other than the one you think you are, so that you keep opening the old file thinking it's the new one. Or that restore is opening an older copy of the file and you don't realize it.

But that's a wild stab in the dark. If you had a file that you sent to your friends/family for critiquing, there's no reason why you wouldn't see the same text on your Mac. :rolleyes:

Those darn computer gremlins sure get around!

Good luck,

Marguerite

Archived