Storyist Forums

Sheet/File Creation Causes Error?

aethera

I don't know why this keeps happening to me, but it has happened with character sheets, setting sheets, scene sheets, and now the plain text files. The listing in the project view won't show the title of the sheet/file until I restart the program. I failed to get a screenshot of it, but I've had it happen to consecutive files, which gets quite confusing. Once the sheet title has gone missing from the project view, any changes made on the sheet (even new character development points) don't register as integrated plot/character points.

The text file visible in this attachment (a title page) shows that the name of the file registers in the top dropdown of the workspace, but not in the project view.

post-1654-0-68076900-1321490383_thumb.jpg

Aethera, welcome to the forums.

I have never seen this behavior. Wild guess: could the colons in the sheet names be the problem? The Mac OS does reserve certain characters to itself, and I believe the colon may be one of them (which doesn't mean you have to avoid the special characters in text—only in your sheet names).

The hyphen and underline characters are always reliable.

Best,

Marguerite

I hadn't thought of that... I'll try it out and see if the issue persists. Since it doesn't happen every time, I don't think I can reproduce it immediately. I'll have to try for awhile. (While I work with another bug...)

Archived