Storyist Forums

Export Problems

mdavisetc

This has happened approx. once a week, with data loss each time.

I export from iPad using DropBox (no problem)

I open the Storyist file on my Mac (no problem)

I make changes to the file, save, and close it (no problem)

When I try to open it again, I get the following message:

The document could not be opened. The internal database could not be read.

Each time I export, the procedure repeats.

Please advise. This is really annoying!

Hi Michael,

This has happened approx. once a week, with data loss each time.

I export from iPad using DropBox (no problem)

I open the Storyist file on my Mac (no problem)

I make changes to the file, save, and close it (no problem)

When I try to open it again, I get the following message:

The document could not be opened. The internal database could not be read.

Each time I export, the procedure repeats.

Please advise. This is really annoying!

I assume you're running the 2.3.3 or later on the Mac. If not, this may be the cause. If so, do you have a short example you could send to the support address? I'll take a look right away.

-Steve

Hi Michael,

I assume you're running the 2.3.3 or later on the Mac. If not, this may be the cause. If so, do you have a short example you could send to the support address? I'll take a look right away.

-Steve

Thanks Steve,

Yes, I'm using Storyist 2.3.3 on OS X 10.7.2

I'm using Storyist for IPad version 1.1.1

Dropbox version is 1.1.45

I'm not sure what info you need. You asked for a short example, but my unreadable file is 4MB. I can send it if you wish.

I have included the screen shot of the error message, if that helps.

This internal database error occurs, without warning, and does not seem to be tied to an unsuccessful wi/fi transfer. It has happened while I'm out of the office, and when I'm right next to my desktop computer.

My workaround has been to find an earlier saved version that works, and then import into it any new changes (since the corrupt file opens on my desktop until I make any additions to it). This has worked so far, but as I continue to go back and rework earlier chapters, it makes it hard to remember what to replace.

post-1086-0-33531400-1321814144_thumb.png

Hi Michael,

I'd be happy to take a look at the unreadable file if you're comfortable sending it. I'll PM you my email address.

-Steve

Thanks Steve,

Yes, I'm using Storyist 2.3.3 on OS X 10.7.2

I'm using Storyist for IPad version 1.1.1

Dropbox version is 1.1.45

I'm not sure what info you need. You asked for a short example, but my unreadable file is 4MB. I can send it if you wish.

I have included the screen shot of the error message, if that helps.

This internal database error occurs, without warning, and does not seem to be tied to an unsuccessful wi/fi transfer. It has happened while I'm out of the office, and when I'm right next to my desktop computer.

My workaround has been to find an earlier saved version that works, and then import into it any new changes (since the corrupt file opens on my desktop until I make any additions to it). This has worked so far, but as I continue to go back and rework earlier chapters, it makes it hard to remember what to replace.

Screen Shot 2011-11-20 at 10.34.42 AM.png

Hi Michael,

I'd be happy to take a look at the unreadable file if you're comfortable sending it. I'll PM you my email address.

-Steve

Yes that would be great. Thanks. BTW, I love this program. Switching between iPad and Desktop has increased my productivity a lot.

Archived