Storyist Forums

Storyist 2008

carve

Steve,

For what it is worth, and not to purposefully set myself up to get digitally chastised, but at some point I expect you are going to have to wrap a number of the features requested under this section up into Storyist version 2, or to stay with the current marketing trends, Storyist 2008. In doing so I fully expect that you would charge those of us that want those features an upgrade fee. Hey, that's not to say I don't like free enhancements for life as much as the next guy, but fact is, I paid for what I got. You need to be compensated for the time you invest in extending your product.

So as we move into the new year, don't be afraid to launch Storyist 2008 and hit me with an upgrade fee.

carve

So as we move into the new year, don't be afraid to launch Storyist 2008 and hit me with an upgrade fee.

Yes, Steve. Oh YES! Take our money! Just don't hurt us. **whimper**

This is the weirdest feature request I've ever seen. Probably meant to be an early Xmas gift from Carve, so take it in the spirit in which it was no doubt intended.

Drowning in disposable income.

-Thoth.

Yes, Steve. Oh YES! Take our money! Just don't hurt us. **whimper**

This is the weirdest feature request I've ever seen. Probably meant to be an early Xmas gift from Carve, so take it in the spirit in which it was no doubt intended.

Drowning in disposable income.

-Thoth.

Carve, thanks for the support!

Thoth, I suspect that Carve is a fellow developer and was just weighing in on an issue that we all struggle with. Or perhaps s/he was looking at her/his list of requests and imagining the work involved.

And in case you're wondering, no money changed hands for the post. :(

-Steve

Carve, thanks for the support!

Thoth, I suspect that Carve is a fellow developer and was just weighing in on an issue that we all struggle with. Or perhaps s/he was looking at her/his list of requests and imagining the work involved.

And in case you're wondering, no money changed hands for the post. :)

-Steve

Steve,

You are in fact correct in both cases. I am a developer and knows that you must justify the cost of investing your time enhancing a product. Plus as I look at the wish list that has grown under this section, I would estimate that it will be no small task to implement.

I would think that given the fact that I brought up the topic of offering to pay that my requests would somehow make their way to the top of the list of the first features implemented. :(

carve

I would think that given the fact that I brought up the topic of offering to pay that my requests would somehow make their way to the top of the list of the first features implemented. :(

Wait. You mean we can PAY to have our requests moved to the top of the list? If so, please post a price list. :)

Actually, I thought that perhaps our suggestions and requests helped to make Storyist a better product and, therefore, would improve sales and put more money into Steve's pockets. Hubris, I know. But there you have it.

-Thoth

Actually, I thought that perhaps our suggestions and requests helped to make Storyist a better product and, therefore, would improve sales and put more money into Steve's pockets. Hubris, I know. But there you have it.

You are right in that Thoth. Having an vibrant user community is all any developer can hope for, especially when that group is a creative group like you have with writers. As much as any developer can set in front of their computer and dream up features on their own, having a group that uses their product on a daily basis, in ways that the developer never thought of is well, priceless. Then to have them share that with you freely, you couldn't ask for anything more.

carve

You are right in that Thoth. Having an vibrant user community is all any developer can hope for, especially when that group is a creative group like you have with writers. As much as any developer can set in front of their computer and dream up features on their own, having a group that uses their product on a daily basis, in ways that the developer never thought of is well, priceless. Then to have them share that with you freely, you couldn't ask for anything more.

carve

"Freely." Hmmm. :(

Just kidding.

-Thoth.

Archived