Storyist Forums

Marking Index Cards

cliophoto

Looks like my spelling ability is showing in the title Should of been "Marking Index Cards" and I can't find how to edit the title of a post.

Hello

I was wondering if there could be some sort of mark on the index cards to let you know there was text attached to them in text writing editor.

I ended up shuffling a couple around which I thought were blank while doing my NaNoWriMo writing and ended up finding stray bits of something I had started where it should not of been.

Right now after writing a bit I copy and paste the first few lines into the index card but when I move them before? You can see the problem.

If there had been some sort of mark on the index card I don't think I would run into this problem.

Thanks

Phil

PS was very pleased how Storyist for iPad worked while doing the NaNoWriMo writing and the syncing between the Mac version was great if not better than that.

Hi Phil,

I was wondering if there could be some sort of mark on the index cards to let you know there was text attached to them in text writing editor.

I ended up shuffling a couple around which I thought were blank while doing my NaNoWriMo writing and ended up finding stray bits of something I had started where it should not of been.

Right now after writing a bit I copy and paste the first few lines into the index card but when I move them before? You can see the problem.

If there had been some sort of mark on the index card I don't think I would run into this problem.

Good idea. I agree that it would be helpful knowing if the manuscript sections represented by the cards contain text or not, and I think it is one of the reasons people are looking for an autofill feature.

PS was very pleased how Storyist for iPad worked while doing the NaNoWriMo writing and the syncing between the Mac version was great if not better than that.

Thanks Phil!

Looks like my spelling ability is showing in the title Should of been "Marking Index Cards" and I can't find how to edit the title of a post.

If you back out to the list of topics, you might be able edit the title using the buttons that appear when you hover over the title--or, this may be an option only for forum administrators. In any case, I changed the title for you.

-Steve

Hello Steve

Good idea. I agree that it would be helpful knowing if the manuscript sections represented by the cards contain text or not, and I think it is one of the reasons people are looking for an autofill feature.

So does your answer mean we might see something in the future? Not pushing just asking.

If you back out to the list of topics, you might be able edit the title using the buttons that appear when you hover over the title--or, this may be an option only for forum administrators. In any case, I changed the title for you.

I tried several times but nothing worked. Thanks for changing it.

Phil

Hi Phil,

So does your answer mean we might see something in the future? Not pushing just asking.

Not feeling pushed :)

I understand what you're after (and it is reasonable). I want to think about the best way to implement it given the other card-related enhancements that people have requested. One fly in the ointment is that in the Mac version, cards are already "badged" with icons indicating the type of resource the card is attached to, and I'll likely carry that over to the iPad version too.

-Steve

Archived