Storyist Forums

Select section on iPad?

marguerite

Hi, Steve,

Is there a way to select an entire section in the iPad app? If not, I would like to request it. It's a hugely useful feature in the Mac version (for example, I decided to convert my prologue from italic to roman—much easier on the Mac than on the iPad).

The selection draggers are, I'm sure, beloved of the folks at Apple, but by the hoi polloi like me, not so much. ;)

Best,

M

Hi M,

Hi, Steve,

Is there a way to select an entire section in the iPad app? If not, I would like to request it. It's a hugely useful feature in the Mac version (for example, I decided to convert my prologue from italic to roman—much easier on the Mac than on the iPad).

The selection draggers are, I'm sure, beloved of the folks at Apple, but by the hoi polloi like me, not so much. ;)

Best,

M

It's not in the current version, but certainly possible to add. The problem with the context menus on iPad is that you really can't put much in them without it feeling like bloat. This is probably a worthwhile addition, though.

-Steve

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I third the request. Just started using White Smoke as a grammar style checker and coping sections is actually a very difficult task due to the way the screen snaps back to the top of the page ignoring where the highlighted text is (which I guess is a different problem as well)

• 6 months later...

I also have this problem. If I select a large body of text using the cursor keys on a bluetooth keyboard, the screen doesn't scroll to follow the bottom edge of the selected area, it stays with the originating spot. If you manually scroll the screen it keeps snapping back to the start of the selected area, not the end which is what you need to be able to see to know where you have selected up to.

Regards,

Stuart

• 3 years later...

Totally agree -- posted this in the wrong forum a minute ago:

I've been using Storyist as my main writing tool for five years, mostly syncing between an iPad and iPhone. Fairly often I want to send a section of a longer work, for example an excerpt of a novel to a writing group for feedback. On iOS the select & copy process is tedious, particularly if you're trying to select twenty or thirty pages. Would be great to be able to copy a whole section of text from the index card level (not what's written on the card, the whole section of the novel that is represented by the card). Exporting from the index card level would be somewhat useful, too, maybe.

• 7 months later...

Archived