Storyist Forums

Sync Laptop iCloud

jde

FYI: I am using DropBox for syncing between my laptop and my iMac. And I've read through the forums that you seem to favor DropBox over iCloud integration as DropBox allows saving of previous versions. Hope I got that right. :) I'm really kind of amazed at the number of folks who are using iPads to write their stories. I felt that I needed to chime in as a Macbook Air and iMac user, not to forget us laptop folks as you continue developing your software. I would really like iCloud integration when that's possible. It's that simple for me. Nothing complex. Just being able to store and retrieve from iCloud.

Thanks kindly. And thanks for a product I love to use!

Jules

Hi Jules,

FYI: I am using DropBox for syncing between my laptop and my iMac. And I've read through the forums that you seem to favor DropBox over iCloud integration as DropBox allows saving of previous versions. Hope I got that right. :) I'm really kind of amazed at the number of folks who are using iPads to write their stories. I felt that I needed to chime in as a Macbook Air and iMac user, not to forget us laptop folks as you continue developing your software. I would really like iCloud integration when that's possible. It's that simple for me. Nothing complex. Just being able to store and retrieve from iCloud.

Jules

Thanks for the request. It's true that I think Dropbox is a better solution for Storyist due to the fact that it saves backup copies and allows documents to be read by applications other than the one that created them. That said, iCloud support would be a nice addition for folks who don't need/want Dropbox. I don't have a timeline for support in Storyist (even Apple doesn't support iCloud in the OS X version of iWork), but it should be available eventually.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Jules

Hi Jules,

I too have a MacBook Air (actually both the 11" and 13" but who's counting) and an iMac. I have an iPad and, although I purchased the Storyist app, I'm definitely more comfortable typing on a real keyboard especially for anything more than an email or two.

I'm still doing the old fashioned transferring back and forth from all three of my computers with a thumb drive. I haven't mastered using Dropbox or iCloud yet.

-Whirlybird

Archived