Storyist Forums

Versioning

carve

I would like a preference setting that when set, would automatically append a version number onto the end of my Storyist file everytime I saved the file.

carve

Would you want to delete version n-1 when version n is saved, or keep all versions?

If it is the latter, you might take a look at the backup functionality. The backups (in ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Backup) do have a time stamp appended to them, so you can save multiple versions of the file.

-Steve

Would you want to delete version n-1 when version n is saved, or keep all versions?

If it is the latter, you might take a look at the backup functionality. The backups (in ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Backup) do have a time stamp appended to them, so you can save multiple versions of the file.

-Steve

I would want to keep all versions.

As for the backup functionality, is there something that I have to configure to turn this on because under this path the only folder I have is /Templates.

carve

I would want to keep all versions.

As for the backup functionality, is there something that I have to configure to turn this on because under this path the only folder I have is /Templates.

carve

No configuration necessary. Choose File > Backup. The directory will be created the first time you back up your manuscript.

-Steve

Archived