Storyist Forums

Conversion

mfurber

Brand new...just received package today. So far everything looks and acts according to booklet and in practice, except one thing.... Converting the formatting from cms to inches. In the Page Attributes of Inspector, there is no way to convert by selecting inches on a menu or typing "in". I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, which some kind soul will point out.

Brand new...just received package today. So far everything looks and acts according to booklet and in practice, except one thing.... Converting the formatting from cms to inches. In the Page Attributes of Inspector, there is no way to convert by selecting inches on a menu or typing "in". I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, which some kind soul will point out.

Hi mfurber (exactly how do you pronounce that?),

Just type in your metric unit and hit return. It will convert to inches. (E.g., click in story text, click on Inspector, right margin default is 1.4 inches, type for example 4 cm, hit return, it converts automatically to 1.58 in. Close Inspector.) Don't forget to Save afterwards, even if you don't change the story text.

Kind Soul,

-Thoth

Hi mfurber,

As Thoth mentioned, you can type the measurement unit after the numeric value in the Page Attributes inspector (e.g. "1.5 in").

If you want to change the default display units:

• Open your System Preferences
  • Select the "Language & Text" icon
  • Switch to the Formats tab,
  • Select the desired measurement units popup.

-Steve

Archived