Storyist Forums

Group Novel

codemer

Meanwhile, I'm going to start a new topic, as this thread has become enormous. So, Steve, please move "Group novel structure" as well as this thread to the new forum when you set it up.

Marguerite

Done. I've moved it to "General Topics" for the time being. If we outgrow that, I'll set up a forum a level up.

-Steve

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say we go for it. I realize I'm the new kid on the block, but it seems that we are at the point that we need to find out how many of us are willing to sign up for such a challenging, intriguing, psychotic project. To me a complete novel is the goal, because, well that would just be cool. Since 50,000 is the magic number, then once we have a list of participants we can start fleshing things out, and dividing up pages, chapters and eras in time. But unless the calendar on the four computers on my desk are wrong, the race starts in five days from now, which is not much time to come up with a group outline.

I like your ambition, but I think for a first effort, we should forget about word counts. Just being part of the collaboration will be a positive experience for most, if not all, of us, even if we only hit novelette length.

More after the break,

IF

Archived