Storyist Forums

Dictation

orrenm

My "The New iPad" arrives Friday too--but I'll have to wait until Monday to play with it. I'm spending the week in Austin, TX for South By Southwest (my publisher has a booth in the Music Gear Expo). In fact, I'm posting from Long Beach airport now (nothing like reading forums to pass the time! :) ).

I'm excited about SXSW (never been before) but I'm excited about my new iPad too!

Orren

Well, I got my "The new iPad" today (Saturday). It arrived a day late (the FedEx guy said that our town had 5,000 extra packages to deliver and they were working 12-hour shifts), so I've had a couple of hours to play with it.

The dictation is pretty good. I'll need to add support in Storyist for selecting alternate conversions (the blue underline you see in, say, the Notes app), but 1.1.1 is definitely usable as is.

-Steve

• 4 weeks later...

The dictation is pretty good. I'll need to add support in Storyist for selecting alternate conversions (the blue underline you see in, say, the Notes app), but 1.1.1 is definitely usable as is.

Version 1.2 includes support for selecting alternate conversions.

-Steve

Version 1.2 includes support for selecting alternate conversions.

-Steve

YEAY! I shall have to try it (I've not been using Storyist iPad for a while, I've been living in Storyist Mac however as I work on draft 3 of my 2nd novel...)

Archived