Storyist Forums

100 years of Oreos.

Steve E

iPad 3 schmiPad 3.

Even if you can talk your novel into it? I thought the virtual keyboard was your big objection to iPad 1. ;)

Yes, the world (and the NY Times crossword puzzle, which seems to mention it every other day) would be less pleasurable without Oreos.

Hey, I bet the iPad 4 will bake Oreos on demand. The next version, as you know, is always going to come with everything, including baked-goods preparation. :lol:

Two more scenes and a bit of editing, and Sir P will be ready for his public (again).

Hope you, too, had a good weekend.

M

Even if you can talk your novel into it? I thought the virtual keyboard was your big objection to iPad 1. ;)

Yes. The virtual keyboard was my big objection to iPad 1. (Nobody likes crampy fumbly fingers.) But, frankly, I can't imagine "talking" my novel. OK, I can imagine it but it would be awkward for me and gum up the old imagination. (Maybe for the second draft of screenplays. Maybe.)

Yes, the world (and the NY Times crossword puzzle, which seems to mention it every other day) would be less pleasurable without Oreos.

Well, of course the world would be less pleasurable without Oreos, and I see no problem with TNYT crossword puzzle mentioning it every other day. They should be mentioning it every day. (I am beginning to suspect their cookie loyalties. Perhaps a stern Letter to the Editor will suffice. If not, I will start limbering up my muffin hurling arm.)

Hey, I bet the iPad 4 will bake Oreos on demand. The next version, as you know, is always going to come with everything, including baked-goods preparation. :lol:

God willing. Just who is the god of cookies? (Trying to control my drooling.)

Two more scenes and a bit of editing, and Sir P will be ready for his public (again).

Hope you, too, had a good weekend.

I did. My brother visited and we talked about the cancerous food coloring they're finally removing from Coke and Pepsi.

Click here if you dare.

Have a Happy Spring Equinox (March 20)

-Thoth

Yes. The virtual keyboard was my big objection to iPad 1. (Nobody likes crampy fumbly fingers.) But, frankly, I can't imagine "talking" my novel. OK, I can imagine it but it would be awkward for me and gum up the old imagination. (Maybe for the second draft of screenplays. Maybe.)

I don't know about you, but I work out most of my dialog by speaking it aloud. I used to look like I was schizophrenic, walking down the street talking to myself. Now I look like I've got a bluetooth headset hidden in my long hair and I'm on the phone. ;)

(or maybe everyone now looks schizophrenic, the world has just caught up to me?)

So while I agree, perhaps trying to talk the complex structure of narrative sentences might be a bit tricky, the implications of being able to easily talk dialog into Storyist on the iPad, then simply edit it later to add the "he said/she said," correct errors, and so on, is quite intriguing to me!

I also can see it being really useful for editing comments. You can simply speak your comments, rather than trying to write them.

Overall, I can't wait to start playing with dictation! (my iPad 3 is at my mom's—I've been in Texas for 5 days, so it was mailed to her house).

Orren

I don't know about you, but I work out most of my dialog by speaking it aloud.

Me? I always work out my dialog in my head where I can make all the voices sound the way I want them to (except for the voices that come unbidden in the night.... shiver ....)

1) I used to look like I was schizophrenic, walking down the street talking to myself. Now I look like I've got a bluetooth headset hidden in my long hair and I'm on the phone. ;)

2) (or maybe everyone now looks schizophrenic, the world has just caught up to me?)

I'm thinking 2.

Overall, I can't wait to start playing with dictation!

Please let us know how it works out for you.

Any tricks or warnings would be appreciated.

Or-e-o yo hum.

-Thoth

Archived