Storyist Forums
cliophoto

External Keyboard

Hello

I tried using the keyboard that came with my iMac this morning for the first time. It was warm enough to sit outside and write, I could see the screen much better. Not bad for southern Ontario in March.

The question I have is this. While using the keyboard the auto correction and capitalization did not work and I could not find a switch to turn it on. I am presuming this is something to do with the way the iPad works. Is this right and is there anyway to get these features working while using the external keyboard?

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

This is an iOS limitation. Auto-capitalization and auto-correct is turned off when a physical keyboard is connected, and this isn't something that the app can control.

-Steve

Hi Phil,

This is an iOS limitation. Auto-capitalization and auto-correct is turned off when a physical keyboard is connected, and this isn't something that the app can control.

-Steve

Thank Steve this is what I thought. Too bad.

Phil

Hey, guys! I use an external keyboard and auto-correct works quite well. No auto-capitalization, though.