Storyist Forums
d_exb

Novel Excerpt

Hey Guys,

I've been absent for a while, it took me for a while to figure out my user name/password after so long. I've been working on a novel for a couple of years now and I'm working on the final edits. I'm so close to the end that I haven't updated my Storyist in the past few months. Every time I boot it up I see the reminder, but I figure I get this for with it the way it is, why change? Storyist has definitely been a valuable tool to completing my manuscript.

A small press in Toronto is publishing my novel and I'm working on the final edits now. I'm hoping it'll come out this summer. Anyhow, a local lit-zine has published an excerpt. If you have a minute, have a look, it begins on page 64:

http://burnermag.com/

Cheers,

David.

David,

Thanks and congratulations.

I tried to access the Burner Magazine site on my iPad, but several of the links did not work, :( including the one for the current issue.

Best,

M

Hi David.

I enjoyed your too-short excerpt (on pages 65 to 68 Burner issue 5).

Actually, I liked the whole magazine and am reading through the previous four issues as well.

(How could I not like an issue with an Egyptian Snake Goddess on the cover?)

-Thoth

Thanks for your kind words, Thoth and Marguerite. Yeah, it's a flash site, so no good on an iPad or iPhone. But it's a pretty slick looking webzine otherwise. I'm going to try to get a few more excerpts published before the book comes out.

...I'm going to try to get a few more excerpts published before the book comes out.

It never hurts to whet the public's appetite.

-T