Storyist Forums

Spellcheck - ignore all

SarahLynx

First of all I am a huge fan of storyist as the novel I am writing has a complicated plot with three pov characters all of which I can easily track with the color coded index cards. That being said, there is one thing that is driving me crazy. It is entirely possible that I am completely blind, but I can't find the option to ignore all when spellchecking. Since my main character's name gets flagged with the red lines as being incorrectly spelled and those pesky red lines even get printed, I would really like to know where to find this feature. I would love if I could click on the word and have the ignore all option come up but would settle for any method. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

You're not missing anything. And you're right; it is a bit of a pain.

The "learned words" support in iOS is incomplete and even Apple's apps (Pages, Notes, etc...) don't support it. However, there is a work-around in iOS 5 that might help you. iOS 5 adds shortcuts (which are specified in the General tab of the Settings app) to the learned words list. If you add a shortcut for your main character's name (which might be handy anyway), it won't get flagged by the spell checker. For information on how to do this, see "iOS 5: How to add words to the auto-correct dictionary.

-Steve

• 8 months later...

AS I know spell checker does essentially three things: First, it passes through the text that you type into a page and finds each entity word. Second, that word is checked against a list of already correct words. Third, if no match can be found then the spell checker looks for suggestions that are parallel in sound and structure to the word that is incorrect.

Archived