Storyist Forums

Bug? Page breaks in character sheets etc.

tammycravit

So, I'm going back through the portion of my book that I've got already in Storyist and filling in the section sheets, character sheets, etc. (I'm usually a pantser, but I'm trying to capture some broad-strokes context for my novel to keep things on track pacing-wise.) I notice that in one of my character sheets, I added a plot point which appeared very close to the bottom of the page, chopping off most of the text in the line and rendering like this:

post-1882-0-11247300-1335844182_thumb.jpg

If I jump back to the summary section of the character sheet and add a blank line at the end, I get a result like this - better, but still not ideal:

post-1882-0-39444900-1335844185_thumb.jpg

A second blank line pushes the new character point onto a new page, but this is a fragile way to create a document. Is there any way to tweak the pagination so that this problem doesn't happen?

Hi, Steve,

Which version of OS X are you running? I'll see if I can reproduce this here and get you a fix or (if it is an OS X problem) a work-around.

Right, sorry, forgot to mention that in my post. I'm running 10.7.3 (11D50b).

It's not a fatal problem, but seems useful to fix if the fix isn't too cumbersome.

Warmly,

Tammy

Archived