Storyist Forums

Add eBook CSS Files to Storyist

tammycravit

I understand (and appreciate) that Storyist can save intermediate files when it exports a manuscript to either Kindle or ePub. This is a very useful feature for customizing. However, I very often export my eBooks multiple times in the course of creating them — I may make several exports as I edit, for example. Also, if I find typos after publication, I'll fix them and release new eBook files. Re-integrating my modified CSS currently requires steps like the following:

1. Export a new eBook from Storyist, checking "Save intermediate files"
  2. Copy the CSS file I modified (and saved elsewhere) the first time back to the intermediate files folder.
  3. Re-run Kindlegen.
  4. Run Calibre's ebook-convert command to turn the .mobi into a .epub (this is my preferred workflow).

It would be really nice if I could add the modified CSS files back to my Storyist file and tell Storyist that it should use those CSS files instead of generating its own. Ideally, I could specify the CSS file in the same place where I specify the cover image. Then I would only have to make my CSS changes once, and could preserve them across re-generations of the eBook.

• 1 year later...

Archived