Storyist Forums

Pregnant and Happy Mothers Day

btjeppesen

There are times when life kicks you in the groin, and then times when it kisses ya on the mouth and leaves you blushing in a corner. This is closer to the latter. One week and five hours ago, my fiancé and I went into the bathroom and took a scary little test, and after a few minutes, were met by two pink lines. My fiancé's response puts it best. She hesitated, then said in a weak, soft voice, "What the ****?" I should note here that it was a happy sort of "what the ****," if you can imagine it in the happy way. It was the overwhelmed sort of "what the ****," said not necessarily for its meaning but for the confusion and excitement that hid behind it.

It's taken us the past week to get our heads together, but with us celebrating her first Mother's Day today, and our first prenatal appointment scheduled for tomorrow, this couldn't be a more exciting time for us. I've always loved my parents, but I've never fully grasped, nor do I grasp yet, what it means to actually be a parent. They are beautiful things, these parents; are they not? They bathe us and dry us and send us on our way in a nice pair of jeans. My mother was particularly fantastic, and she will always be tied wife my fiancé for the spot of #1 Woman. I've learned much from her, and I imagine that I will learn so much more as I draw on her for advice in the coming months.

So, to all the fantastic mothers out there, know that we boys appreciate you more than anything, even if we sometimes don't express it. I have so much love and respect for every one of you. Happy Mothers Day!

Brian

I think it's wonderful. Congratulations BT and soon-to-be* Mrs. BT. You might want to husband your "What the ****?" allotment until after Junior's feet hit the ground. There are so many more WTF moments awaiting you, like the wonderful discovery of boy-baby's sharpshooting abilities during diaper changes, or the amazing/terrifying world views of 14-year-old girls. Ah, memories...

-Thoth

* I'm assuming you plan to marry before Junior is born, old fashioned coot that I am.

But however you plan it, congratulations.

Congratulations, Brian!! What exciting news!

As Thoth mentions, you are at the beginning of a very long and at times terrifying, but more often wonderful, journey. Warmest felicitations to the three of you.

This may be our littlest Storyist, even including HyppieChyck's grandbaby! :D

Happy Mothers Day,

M

Ach! I had forgotten about HyppieChyck's grandbaby! (Slapping forehead with palm.) I'm sure she could chime in with sage wisdom. Well, at least there are plenty of books on the subject.

Again, Happy Mother's Day All.

-T

Thanks, T & M! As for marriage, we signed up for a two-year engagement because we wanted to enjoy the engagement while it lasted. The two years ends on December 11. We will get married on that day. Hopefully, the baby decides not to come too early. Either way, everyone who knows us already sees us as being married, and even the most religious and pious of them have no problem with it. So, I figure, we're in the good with God, unless he decides to check with the U.S. Government to see what date our marital papers were signed. :)

--B

Thoth,

That's fantastic! I love how customizable it is. She's latin, and I'm super white, so it's been difficult finding anything. Also, she's taller than me, which is another thing working against us. The ideal topper would have a pregnant latina six inches taller than her caucasian groom, and they'd both be in dark blue. That's not likely. But the link you posted is so close! Thanks,

Brian

She's latin, and I'm super white, so it's been difficult finding anything.

Depending on the kind of reception you want/have, you can avoid that entirely. My wife and I opted out of the traditional wedding cakes; we just had a selection of amazingly delicious cheesecakes for guests to enjoy. And no cheesecake toppers, either. ;)

Orren

That is most likely the path we will take. We've considered doing a dessert buffet of some sort. Definitely Reese's (my favorites) and Kit Kats (hers). Then add in some fancier things.

As someone who loves Kit Kats, it's clear to me you are marrying well. :)

(Reeses are good too)

Orren

Depending on the kind of reception you want/have, you can avoid that entirely. My wife and I opted out of the traditional wedding cakes; we just had a selection of amazingly delicious cheesecakes for guests to enjoy. And no cheesecake toppers, either. ;)

Orren

We used fresh flowers in place of the bride and groom topping the cake—another option.

Have fun planning—both wedding and baby. So much shopping, so little time! :lol:

M

Orren, now that I have your approval, I shall proceed with the plans. :). I just came up with the idea of having a reese's cake and a kit Kat cake, and she loved it. Now we have to produ the recipe.

M, I love shopping more than she does, so I'm fine with this.

Archived