Storyist Forums

New user - missing files problem

Aitch42

Hi tere

I am a possible convert to Storyist from Scrivener and downloaded the Mac version as I have been using the iPad version for some time and have got fed up of waiting for the scrivener version of iPad which now looks to be at least 6 months away.

I downloaded and registered the app on my Mac Pro and imported a RTF document I had exported from Microsoft word that I wanted to work on. When I opened the document I get a box which tells me I have missing files and when I click OK it stays there and I can't get rid of it whatever I do - so now storyist is locked in some sort of loop and is useless.

Any suggestions? Screen shot attached

Howard

post-1926-0-18751000-1337253516_thumb.jpg

Hi Howard,

That dialog usually means that something outside of Storyist (a system process or 3rd party app) deleted project files from the hard drive while the project was open. These project files would have been hidden in a temporary directory, and wouldn't be ones that you'd see as a user.

If the dialog won't close for you, you can open the backup. Storyist makes automated backups daily unless you tell it not to. You can access the backups from the File > Backups menu or by opening the ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Backups folder. If you open the folder, make sure you copy the file somewhere else before opening it.

If this doesn't work for some reason, I'd be happy to take a look at the file for you. I'll PM you my email address.

-Steve

Archived