Storyist Forums

An unpleasant request

Maury

Hi:

I am loving Storyist for the IPAD. I began my book in February and am finishing it in a few days. Reason I got the app is because I am living in Vancouver at the moment (I arrived in February) and will be returning to my country in a couple of weeks.

At home I have Scrivener, yes! The "S" word, 'round these parts!, when I get home, why should I buy the Storyist version for the MAC? (I write in my IMAC). Is it easier to sync between the IPAD and the full version? Should I get it? Should I? Why?

Thanks!

Hi, Maury,

Syncing a file between iPad Storyist and Mac Storyist is seamless. You move the iPad file to your Mac via iTunes or Dropbox, open the file on your Mac, and everything is there. Edit the file on your Mac, move it back to the iPad, same result.

Scrivener uses a different system. You could export your manuscript to RTF in either program and import the text to the other. You can do the same with your individual characters, settings, plot points, notes, etc. BUT you would have to do that every time you make a change.

Seamlessness is worth $60 to me ($45 during the NaNo or Script Frenzy discount periods). Can't speak for you, though!

But why unpleasant? Sounds like a very reasonable question.

Best,

Marguerite

Archived