Storyist Forums

Line Spacing changes after sync with iPad and back

Timmy

In a Scrivener project file, if I set the Line Spacing in a screenplay to "Exactly 12 pt", then upload to Dropbox and open up in iPad, everything is good.

If I then work on that file, and upload the changes to Dropbox and reopen on the Mac, the Line Spacing has changed to "At Least 12pt". This changes the whole layout, meaning the number of pages the screenplay has.

Then I have to set the Line Spacing back to "Exactly 12pt" on the Mac, and use Redefine Style for every Style I use in the screenplay to get it right again. But if I work on my iPad again, it again gets messed up.

Please can you fix this bug, as it's driving me crazy. I need to focus on my writing.

Hi Timmy,

Thanks for the report. I'll investigate. So your workflow is:

Scrivener script > FDX > Storyist for iPad > Storyist for Mac?

Do you import the FDX file into a Storyist project or leave it as an FDX file at the top-level My Projects page?

-Steve

Scrivener script > FDX > Storyist for iPad > Storyist for Mac?

Do you import the FDX file into a Storyist project or leave it as an FDX file at the top-level My Projects page?

I made an error. I meant Storyist project file (.story). Sorry. I have used Scrivener in the past. :-) I use Storyist because I need to work on screenplays on the go. Now to the problem.

Within the Storyist project file I have screenplays. The Storyist project gets synced to Dropbox between Mac and iPad. So the workflow is:

Storyist Mac (.story) < > Dropbox < > Storyist iPad (.story)

After one edit on the iPad, then synced back to Dropbox, the Mac reads the Line Spacing as "At Least 12pt". But reading the same file again on the iPad, it reads the Line Spacing as originally set at "Exactly 12pt".

So in total:

1. Storyist Mac (.story), screenplay set Line Spacing to: Exactly 12pt

2. Save to Dropbox.

3. Sync Storyist iPad with Dropbox.

4. Open Storyist project, open screenplay.

5. Line Spacing is correctly displayed at "Exactly 12pt".

6. Edit some text.

7. Close file, sync to Dropbox.

8. On Mac, open the project on Dropbox again.

9. Open screenplay, and Line Spacing is suddenly changed to: At Least 12pt.

After this (meaning after back and forth sync, without changing the line spacing), the iPad Line Spacing shows at "Exactly 12pt", while on Mac it shows "At Least 12pt". So the Mac opens it differently than on the iPad.

Thanks.

Hi Timmy,

Thanks for the steps. I looks like both the Mac version and the iPad version can change "Exactly" spacing to "At Least" spacing in certain circumstances. I just sent a fix to the beta testers. The fix will be available in 2.4.1 shortly.

-Steve

Archived