Storyist Forums

Hero Template for Marguerite

Steve

Cool.

Thanks.

-Thoth.

Couldn't a similar approach be used for the much-requested series support? It would be useful to be able to cut and paste sheets from one file to another, but at least with this structure a person could manage multiple stories with a single set of characters and settings, if that person wanted to.

Marguerite

Couldn't a similar approach be used for the much-requested series support? It would be useful to be able to cut and paste sheets from one file to another, but at least with this structure a person could manage multiple stories with a single set of characters and settings, if that person wanted to.

Marguerite

Yes, though I suspect performance issues would creep in when you finished your trilogy.

-Steve

Yes, though I suspect performance issues would creep in when you finished your trilogy.

-Steve

Most likely, but this is all Scrivener is doing: allowing a person to keep multiple files under a single heading, whether they're files for one book or for more than one.

I wouldn't actually write a series this way myself. I'd rather copy the .story file for book 1 and adjust it as necessary for book 2. It becomes a minor pain when a recurring character changes (which is why it would be nice to be able to copy and paste), but having cut my computer teeth in the days when files couldn't hold more than 1 chapter, I don't tend to think in terms of multi-book projects under a single file heading. It does seem as though the whole project would become pretty unwieldy after a while.

But if you can have levels beyond Manuscript, Chapter, and Section, it's technically possible to keep more than one book (more realistically, more than one book outline with notes, or more than one short story) in a single file and print the relevant pages as necessary. One more selling point for Storyist. :rolleyes:

Marguerite

Archived