Storyist Forums

Highlighting

pbridges

An option to highlight (changing the selected text's background color or even just changing the color of the text itself) is helpful, especially for people using FDX files.

Final Draft has this feature, and it's almost essential for anyone working with another writer or an editor. The editor or co-writer can skim through the script and look for changes you've highlighted.

I know Storyist supports FD 'notes', but highlighting goes hand-in-hand with that feature for writers/editors. When working in FD, you highlight the section of text you're referring to and then add a note to it if necessary.

I'm not sure if iOS allows selected background color changes in this way that would support true highlighting. If not, it would be great if Storyist could interpret highlighting from FDX files and convert them to colored text, bolding, highlighting or something else that distinguishes FDX highlights from the rest of the document.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep. I too think this is an almost vital feature especially during the editing process. I have the Mac version and I haven't noticed this feature in 3.2. What would be really cool (and a huge leap ahead of any of the competition) would be searchable highlights. Imagine being able to use the search/replace function to skip to the next highlighted area - talk about speed up the editing/formatting process!!

• 2 weeks later...

What you can do, is select the text you want highlighted and add a comment. Now it's highlighted (on Mac) and you've got a shortcut to your highlights via the comment inspector.

-Oops, I didn't realize this was the iPad feature request board. No way to show highlights on the iPad, (that I know of) but comment inspector works to find them and colored text shows up if you want to go that route.

Archived