Storyist Forums

How to ... Delete a comment and move a folder?

Violetta

Just installed Storyist and have imported my half-finished manuscript. Comments feature is excellent, but how can I delete the comments once I've done with them. I don't mean lose the text, but get rid of the yellow square altogether?

Also... in my haste to get started I created my new project INSIDE the getting started folder. It's no big deal, but I am a bit obsessive compulsive and like things to be neat - how can I move it into the New Projects section?

Hi Violetta-

To delete the note simply place your cursor to the left of the note and hit delete on your keyboard. That's it! :) To move a project into a new one save the one you have and then open a new project and import the other one (File>Import), then just delete out what you don't need or want.

Hope this helps!

Welcome aboard!

Garrick

Whoops!! I'm sorry! I just realized you're on the iPad version. That's a great question. Having a look now and wondering the same thing myself.

Sorry for the confusion!!

**Update! I don't see a way to actually delete the note, but under Tools>View>Comments you can turn them off so they don't show up.

Tap the outline while the iPad is in Landscape mode. Tap the pin to pin it. Tap the middle of the three icons at the bottom (looks like a comment). You will see a list of comments in the manuscript.

Tap Edit in the top right of the outline, then delete the comment in the usual iPad way.

Best,

Marguerite

You can move items within a project by tapping Edit inside the project, tapping the item you want to move, then choosing the move icon (to the left of the trash can) and selecting your desired location. I don't know if you can move items from one project to another, especially on the iPad. Steve will have to answer that one.

Best,

M

Yay! Thank-you Marguerite, that has worked - and thanks for replying Garrick.

Still can't work out how to move the manuscript I created inside the wrong folder, but can simply cut and paste it into a new one.

Am now getting to grips with Dropbox - trying to import a Word document is not going to happen is it? Hmm, thought not...

You can move items within a project by tapping Edit inside the project, tapping the item you want to move, then choosing the move icon (to the left of the trash can) and selecting your desired location. I don't know if you can move items from one project to another, especially on the iPad. Steve will have to answer that one.

Best,

M

You don't seem to be able to move from one project to another BUT I have yet to explore what working in landscape does (as your previous solution proves).

Archived