Storyist Forums

Scene Numbering!

Mike Baeuml

Hi folks.

Great piece of software you do have there. As a professional screenwriter in germany there is only one killer-feature missed that keeps me from using the Storyist iPad version in script meetings: Scene numbering! As full of useful features the iPad version might be - no scene numbers is a definite killer. Network execs and producers in germany ALWAYS refer to scene numbers when giving notes or going through a script. Not having those transferred from FinalDraft and not even having a possibility to renumber my scenes within Storyist for iPad is the ONLY feature that keeps me from using my iPad for work.

Would be great if you guys could implement this very soon.

Some other, minor issues:

• Greyed scene headings for better readability and overview would also be great, but not as important as the scene numbers.

• Index cards should have the possibility to automatically be filled with the first couple of sentences from the referring scene. I do not always have the time to write extra index-cards, but use them often to shuffle scenes. A quick glimpse to the content of the scene would come very handy.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feature requests. Scene numbering is already on the list.

If you want your scene headings to be gray, you could set the element color to gray in Final Draft. Storyist should use the color specified in the FDX file.

-Steve

Hi TAS,

I would like to know what page of my script I'm on without going through several menus. If there is a way to turn this on please let me know.

Just add a page number to the header or footer. To do this:

1. Tap in the header or footer. You can use the Tools > View > Page Guides command to show where the headers and footers are.
  2. Tap the "page #" key in the extended keyboard.

-Steve

Archived