Storyist Forums
Mike Baeuml

Page numbers and page setups are not saved!

Hi folks. I write my scripts on FinalDraft for mac and transfer them to Storyist on an iPad. Page numbers are not transferred, so i try to add page numbers in the iPad app which works. But as soon as i leave the app and return, page numbers are all gone and i have to redo the numbering again. Annoying.

Same problem is for page setup. We in Germany use A4 as a letter format. Transferring the script from FD always makes them for US Letter. I can change that in Storyists page setup menu, but the setup is gone every time i leave the app.

Hi Mike and Stigwhistle,

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look. It would help if you could post which version of Final Draft 8 you're using.

-Steve

Hi Stig and Mike,

In Storyist for iPad 1.3, page numbers in headers and footers are preserved when importing and exporting FDX.

-Steve

Also, 1.3 has a new page size default (accessible in the Storyist pane in the settings app) that lets you set A4 as the default. This applies to FDX and plain text files, which don't encode page size in the document.

-Steve