Storyist Forums

Keep it Simple

rovinato

You've created an excellent product that allows me to write professionally on my iPad, something I hadn't thought practical or even possible; I avoided even considering buying an iPad for years because I didn't think I could make it work for me. When I did receive one as a gift, Storyist was the first application I purchased, and I haven't gone back to my Macbook Pro yet.

So first, I would encourage you to keep this app simple; don't laden it with features that respond to all of our requests but that also leave it unwieldy, or worse, ugly. Yes, iCloud would be nice, but Dropbox is fine. Yes, refined editing, printing, and file transfer features would be great, but so far so good. I'd love to see editable style sheets, macro text abilities, and many of the other features mentioned here. But I don't want them in a less elegant, less reliable package.

I can't tell you how important it is for me, at least, to be able to rely on software to let me make my living and to know that it will remain consistent and up to date for as long as possible. I've used many programs for screenwriting and for fiction writing, and the ones that didn't become overly complex or restrictive often became forgotten or extinct. I hope that neither happens to Storyist, because it seems like it could be great.

Archived