Storyist Forums
james011

Maintaining State of Last View

Hi,

It would be nice if the Inspector window would reappear when I launch Storyist. I always have it open and find that I have to keep reopening it every time I launch the program. Also it would be nice if its settings stayed intact. For example under the 'Inspect writing goals' tab, you can choose to view the number counts either going up or down. Typically I set my goal to say 2,000 words and have it set to 'Display Remaining Words'. But again when I relaunch the program it defaults back to 'Display Words'.

Anyway I think it would be great if Storyist saved these settings on a per document basis, or at the very least in general.

Thanks, J

Thanks Steve.

The more I think about it, it might be best to have it as a preference setting. Then you would not have to set it for each new document.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks, J

Hi James,

According the Apple's design guidelines, the inspector state (visibility, selected tab) should be global, not saved with each document. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

-Steve