Storyist Forums

Word & Session Word Counts

cliophoto

Hello I have been trying to get these working so I can track things. I have a way setup with using the outline running on a split screen that is working.

When I try and get the built in Writing Goals to work no luck. I have sat down and done what the manual said with its settings and still nothing changes at all. All I ever get is 678 words done in this project, another one has only 4. It does not matter how many words I have written. In the first one there is over 30,000 words done and it still tells me there is 678, The second one has 1982 but only gives me 4 words done.

Most of the stuff I do has more than 1 manuscript in it and I am wondering if there is some confusion with the Writing Goals because of this.

If this is not the case could someone please point me in the right direction to get this feature working.

Thanks

Phil

I have included a screen shot of the first one so you can see what I am talking about.

Hi Phil,

You're probably not tracking your manuscript. Storyist tracks one manuscript at a time. To switch to your current manuscript:

1. Select your manuscript in the project view.
  2. Choose Project > Edit "" Preferences
  3. In the Goal Tracking section, click "Use This File"

-Steve

• 9 months later...

Hi Steve,

I'm also having trouble getting this to work. Followed your instructions about setting the preferences for the manuscript, but still doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a way to refresh the settings?

I have three separate manuscript files as part of this project, but only the one set for tracking.

Thanks,

Mark

Archived