Storyist Forums

Storyist Walkthrough/Help File

astillac

I know we've talked about help files and walkthroughs, but I don't think we have one thread to gather all our ideas together. If you could, please help me gather all the ideas for a help file that you can find.

- Calli

Er, I accidentally put this in feature requests, instead of general topics... I guess it works okay here though. xP

I know we've talked about help files and walkthroughs, but I don't think we have one thread to gather all our ideas together. If you could, please help me gather all the ideas for a help file that you can find.

- Calli

Er, I accidentally put this in feature requests, instead of general topics... I guess it works okay here though. xP

Hi Cali. Good to hear from you again.

Great idea. This is a good thread but you're right, Steve should probably move it to General. Why don't you PM him with the request?

To get the ball rolling, I'd like to post something that really needs more formal documentation: shortcut keys. Specifically, the Storyist 1.3.4 navigation keys. I'm always forgetting them (see my Feature post, which I'll write after I write this.) To save time I'm going to post them as Steve originally wrote them but they need to be re-written more economically.

1. Pressing ctrl + tab and ctrl + shift + tab now cycles through the views, enabling keyboard navigation between the Project Pane, the Main view, the Storyboard, and the search field.

2. ctlr+option+left arrow, cmd+option+left arrow: move to the beginning of the current section or heading text. If the cursor is already positioned at the beginning, move to the beginning of the previous section or heading text.

3. ctlr+option+up arrow, cmd+option+up arrow: move to the beginning of the current heading. If the cursor is already positioned at the beginning, move to the beginning of the previous heading.

4. ctlr+option+right arrow: move to the end of the current section or heading text. If the cursor is already positioned at the end, move to the end of the next section or heading text.

5. ctlr+option+down arrow:move to the end of the current heading. If the cursor is already at the end, move to the end of the next heading.

6. cmd+option+right arrow: move to the start of the next section or heading text.

7. cmd+option+down arrow: move to the start of the next heading.

-Thoth.

Archived