Storyist Forums

Lynx in the Wild!

marguerite

I’d like to announce that The Golden Lynx, written in Storyist from beginning to end, is now in print. You can find it on Amazon.com for print and Kindle, as a Barnes and Noble Nook book, and on the iTunes Store: $14.99 print, $5.99 e-book.

Eventually I hope to persuade Amazon to link the print and Kindle editions. They may do this automatically, but the two stores have listed the series title somewhat differently, so this may confuse the computers. If you have to search for it, try using my pen name, C. P. Lesley, or typing "Golden Lynx Legends." Either one will pull up both editions.

In any case, here is the description and the cover thumbnail. May you enjoy meeting Ivan the Terrible as a toddler (he must have thrown a lot of tantrums during his Terrible Twos :lol:).

WHO IS THE GOLDEN LYNX?

Russia, 1534. Elite clans battle for control of the toddler who will become their first tsar, Ivan the Terrible. Amid the chaos and upheaval, a masked man mysteriously appears night after night to aid the desperate people.

Or is he a man?

Sixteen-year-old Nasan Kolychev is trapped in a loveless marriage. To escape her misery, she dons boys' clothes and slips away under cover of night to help those in need. She never intends to do more than assist a few souls and give her life purpose. But before long, Nasan finds herself caught up in events that will decide the future of Russia.

Lynx_thumbnail.jpg

Best,

Marguerite

Hi M.

I have The Golden Lynx: Legends of the Five Directions (Volume 1), print version (for maximum royalty) on order from Amazon. I should get it via UPS this Friday. Incidentally, how many volumes are you planning? (Is this going to be a 100+ volume series like Perry Rhodan or The Destroyer? Will "C. P. Lesley" become a pen name to pass down to your grandchildren?)

-T

Five volumes, one for each of the five directions in Eurasian cosmology (west, east, north, south, and center, in that order). West is The Golden Lynx. East is plotted and underway; North happily shape-shifting as I imagine this plot point or that character detail; the other two just gleams in my authorial eye, so far.

With luck, I'll last long enough to finish them and send Nina and Ian on some more historical-fiction adventures. If my grandkids can keep that series going, more power to 'em. At the rate of this economic recovery, I won't be leaving them much else!

Thanks for ordering Lynx. I hope you have fun with it. No high-tech VR in this one (no Oberon either ;)), but maybe the amount of buckling swash will compensate for the lack.

Actually (I mention this only so you will know when making your own publication plans), my royalties are highest on the Kindle and iPad versions, even though the list price is much lower. Next comes B&N at 65%. CreateSpace and Amazon.com take cuts of the print version, but Kindle Direct Publishing, Barnes and Noble, and Apple get their 30-35% off the top and send the author the rest.

The bizarre realities of the New Publishing Paradigm. But I totally appreciate the thought! And the print version is the one I devoted hours to designing and typesetting, so I think it repays the extra $$. I should have specified that only the e-book was Storyist start to finish. I wrote the print book entirely in Storyist, but I created the book itself in Adobe InDesign.

Hope all is well in Nineveh,

M

Five volumes, one for each of the five directions in Eurasian cosmology (west, east, north, south, and center, in that order). West is The Golden Lynx. East is plotted and underway; North happily shape-shifting as I imagine this plot point or that character detail; the other two just gleams in my authorial eye, so far.

Five is a good number of volumes for a nice thorough series. I just hope you have enough material.

With luck, I'll last long enough to finish them and send Nina and Ian on some more historical-fiction adventures.

Looking forward to the VR sci-fi. (As well as life in 16th century Russia.)

If my grandkids can keep that series going, more power to 'em. At the rate of this economic recovery, I won't be leaving them much else!

There is an old economics Rule-Of-Thumb: it takes at least as long to ascend back up the mountain as it did to descend into the valley. I.e. I'm not holding my breath. (Stocking up on MRE's and ammunition.)

Thanks for ordering Lynx. I hope you have fun with it. No high-tech VR in this one (no Oberon either ;)), but maybe the amount of buckling swash will compensate for the lack.

You're completely welcome and don't worry. My tastes are broad (plus I've always enjoyed getting my swash smartly buckled).

Actually (I mention this only so you will know when making your own publication plans), my royalties are highest on the Kindle and iPad versions, even though the list price is much lower. Next comes B&N at 65%. CreateSpace and Amazon.com take cuts of the print version, but Kindle Direct Publishing, Barnes and Noble, and Apple get their 30-35% off the top and send the author the rest. The bizarre realities of the New Publishing Paradigm.

Thanks muchly for the info. (It's so hard keeping track of these things. My old The Writers Market book has different figures.)

Hope all is well in Nineveh...

I barely have time to visit these days. And I left my main characters in such stew: ancient Babylonian goddesses can be such meanies sometimes.

-T

:D keep a tight rein on those Evil Alien (Babylonian) Overladies. The alternative is terrifying. Will men ever wear ties in safety again?

Tons of material—no worries there. What I need is time, and lots of it. Every sale helps fund my retirement, hence my writing career. :)

On the slow-as-molasses recovery, sympathies. Been there, done that. And alas, I think you are right.

Best,

M

:D keep a tight rein on those Evil Alien (Babylonian) Overladies. The alternative is terrifying. Will men ever wear ties in safety again?

Probably not. :(

Tons of material—no worries there. What I need is time, and lots of it. Every sale helps fund my retirement, hence my writing career. :)

Time, time, time, see what's become of me

While I looked around

For my possibilities

I was so hard to please

But look around, leaves are brown

And the sky is a hazy shade of winter

Hazy Shade Of Winter by Simon And Garfunkel

On the slow-as-molasses recovery, sympathies. Been there, done that. And alas, I think you are right.

Perhaps we can join the Golden Horde and achieve some stability.

Best. Better. Bestest?

-T

Archived