Storyist Forums

Full Screen tweaks

nen1000

I'm still evaluating Storyist (although having tried Scrivener for a similar length of time, I know which I prefer and I'm not posting on a Scrivener forum), and this feature request / feedback relates to full screen mode.

I've noticed a couple of oddities that I thought worth flagging up:

1. <escape> does not exit full screen mode, but instead brings up a list of words. I had assumed that <escape> to exit was a standard aspect of full screen in OSX Mountain Lion. Perhaps consider tweaking Storyist to bring it in line with other applications (e.g. Safari, Mail)?

2. When moving to full screen mode, I'm presented with the different part of my manuscript than when viewing non-full-screen. If I move the cursor, it jumps to the location i was viewing in 'non-full-screen' mode, but it seems very odd - and is slightly disconcerting - to have full screen mode present me with a different part of the MS. I see no reason why this would be a 'feature' so i can only assume it is a bug.

Perhaps it would be possible to make full screen whatever part of the MS I was looking at previously?

Nick

Archived