Storyist Forums

Unable To Open Storyist Files

johnboy

I'm running into issues opening properly saved files and the only workaround seems to be to go to backup folder to find a version that will open. Today I see error, "The document “Returning.story” could not be opened." and have seen "The document could not be opened. No further information is available" Any idea what is going on?

Hi Johnboy,

It's hard to tell without more information. Is the file stored on a flash drive or other removable drive?

If you'd like, I'd be happy to take a look at the file for you. I'll PM you my email address. It would also be useful to know which versions of Storyist and OS X you're using.

-Steve

Steve,

Thanks...I'm probably ok without any more research...it looks like if the file on Dropbox won't open (that's a common denominator) then I open the backup, save as to overwrite the dropbox file and it works from then on. So as long as I can get one copy of the file open, I'm ok...I think... :-)

Thanks for the offer. I would rather believe that the issue is OSX rather than Storyist. (Mac OSX 10.6.8 and Storyist 2.4.2 and the current iPad version)

John

Archived