Storyist Forums

Writing clean off the screen.

Celotil

(iPad 3, iOS 6, Storyist 1.2)

This isn't a major bug, more just an annoyance.

When I'm writing a paragraph of text that flows over to a new page, sometimes Storyist doesn't scroll. It stays at the bottom of the current page and I have to manually scroll to continue seeing what I'm writing.

It still takes input, it just doesn't scroll to show it.

"Typewriter Mode" is on.

Nope, nothing special at all. I'm just writing away (section text style), and when the text gets to the bottom of the current page it continues on to the next page without scrolling, although I haven't noticed it since upgrading to iOS 6 so maybe that fixed it?

On the other hand, it does seem to "bounce" a bit when going to another page now - the screen jiggling up and down a couple of lines until the text gets nearer the middle of the screen.

One other thing that would be nice is, I use a Logitech Keyboard Case to type with instead of the onscreen keyboard and I'd love it if pressing the down arrow on the last line shifted the cursor to the end of the line.

Sometimes when I'm typing I'll navigate with the arrows to change something written a couple of lines earlier, and when I arrow-navigate to the bottom line on my Mac on other text programs I can just down arrow and it goes to the end of the last line (if there isn't a new line below).

Hi Celotil,

Nope, nothing special at all. I'm just writing away (section text style), and when the text gets to the bottom of the current page it continues on to the next page without scrolling, although I haven't noticed it since upgrading to iOS 6 so maybe that fixed it?

OK. I'll keep looking with iOS 5. I'm not seeing it on iOS 6.

On the other hand, it does seem to "bounce" a bit when going to another page now - the screen jiggling up and down a couple of lines until the text gets nearer the middle of the screen.

I believe that is a different issue, and one that is fixed in 1.3, which will be out shortly.

One other thing that would be nice is, I use a Logitech Keyboard Case to type with instead of the onscreen keyboard and I'd love it if pressing the down arrow on the last line shifted the cursor to the end of the line.

Sometimes when I'm typing I'll navigate with the arrows to change something written a couple of lines earlier, and when I arrow-navigate to the bottom line on my Mac on other text programs I can just down arrow and it goes to the end of the last line (if there isn't a new line below).

I thought it did that. If not, I'll fix it.

-Steve

• 3 months later...

Archived