Storyist Forums

Happy Birthday Jooliepoo

Steve E

Sandy not so awful here. Hope all is well with the other East Coasters (including you, Thoth--NYC got whomped, from all appearances).

Whomped-and-a-half, M. Five deaths discovered so far. The facade of an old building fell off. The top of a crane is still hanging by a thread (cable) above a public street. And every time they stop the trains and busses they effectively shut down the city. But everyone is safe and sound here at the Thoth pyramid—snug as bugs in a rug. Anywho, I hear Atlantic City got hurt worse than we did.

Jules is probably playing cards and drinking hot coco with her animal friends (you rascal you).

-T

Glad the Lord of Magic survived intact! :) Yes, Atlantic City looks more like Atlantis at the moment, going by the news.

I sent Julie G. a happy birthday on Facebook and told her to show up here and give a wave. We'll see. But she may be out of power up in Valley Forge: apparently a lot of my neighbors are. We were just really lucky (she typed with fingers crossed).

Bummer thing to happen on her birthday, if so.

Best,

M

Glad the Lord of Magic survived intact! :) Yes, Atlantic City looks more like Atlantis at the moment, going by the news.

Glad you're alive too! :D The train tunnels are flooded (I feel for the CHUDs) and I saw a picture of an underpass that's completed filled with water (12'). Shades of the Poseidon Adventure!

I sent Julie G. a happy birthday on Facebook and told her to show up here and give a wave. We'll see. But she may be out of power up in Valley Forge: apparently a lot of my neighbors are. We were just really lucky (she typed with fingers crossed).

Around here most power lines are underground, but not all. There are many areas without power. Hospitals in lower Manhattan have been evacuated. So are some million-dollars-a-pop high-rises. My community, on the other hand, has its own huge generator and is currently selling electrons to Con Ed (a penny a piece, Gov'nor?). According to the news there are eight-and-a-half million residents in the tri-state area without power.

Bummer thing to happen on her birthday, if so.

Then our good wishes should cheer her up :)

Cheers.

-T

Archived