Storyist Forums

Click & Drag (Mis)Behavior

Steakpirate

Normally, the Mac (or at least Pages and Safari) handles text in such a way that if I double click a word, it becomes highlighted, and if I triple click, the whole paragraph is highlighted.

Outside of storyist, if you wait any amount of time after the second click, the counter will start over—which means that I can double click to select a word, and then immediately drag it elsewhere to rearrange the sentence.

For some reason though, the click timing is handled differently in storyist (there is a longer window for registering a third click), and as a result I'm unable to effectively preform a double-click and drag (because the third click is registered as a third click despite a delay beforehand, and not a drag).

I was wondering what was up with that/whether it was intentional/if there's anyway I can adjust the behavior.

Hi SP,

There shouldn't be any difference between the way double- and triple- clicks are handled in Storyist vs. the way they're handled in Text Edit (not sure about Pages).

The double-click timing is handled by the OS. You can adjust it in the Mouse pane of the System Preferences. I'm able to double-click a word and then drag it. My preference is set to two ticks left of "Fast."

-Steve

Archived