Storyist Forums

Cumulative Cut & Copy

Steakpirate

I was wondering if it would be possible to assign  + Shift + X and  + Shift + C respectively to a cumulative cut and cumulative paste feature.

What I mean by this, is to add the selected material to what is currently in the clipboard (adding a space between if necessary). For example, if I want to turn the following passage:

Far above and below them, three black, leviathan shapes glimmered faintly in a loose formation.

into

Far above, below and behind them, black, leviathan shapes hovered in a loose formation. The three objects glimmered faintly in the black of space

I could simply cut "three" & "glimmered faintly" into my word basket (producing "three glimmered faintly" in my clipboard), and paste them immediately afterward to have the majority of my next sentence, while simultaneously revising/pruning the original sentence with much less clicking.

I agree that this would be a great feature. The Spike in Darth Processor (Word) is one of the features I use most.

For those who don't know, in MS Word you can double click to select a word or phrase, then Command-double-click to add noncontiguous words or phrases to the selection. It's great for cutting and pasting or italicizing a bunch of unconnected titles or just capitalizing a title without having to undo all the words that shouldn't be capitalized (a, and, the, of, etc.).

Best,

M

Hi all.

Do you mean Copy Append or Cut Append, appending more selected text to the clipboard?

Yes. I'd third that one.

Otherwise,

Have either of you tried CMD+OPT in Storyist?

Use that to select noncontiguous text and then do a regular Copy or Cut.

Works for me.

-T

For those who don't know, in MS Word you can double click to select a word or phrase, then Command-double-click to add noncontiguous words or phrases to the selection.
That's works in Pages too (and probably Textedit), and I'd like to see it in Storyist (I'm surprised that it isn't, I thought it was a standard Mac behavior).

Hi all. Do you mean Copy Append or Cut Append, appending more selected text to the clipboard?
Yes.

Have either of you tried CMD+OPT in Storyist? Use that to select noncontiguous text and then do a regular Copy or Cut.
Bizarre, but functional. Thanks!

Archived