Storyist Forums

Comments

Simon

On the iPad it's possible to pull up the outline popover and tap on the comments button to view all comments inside the document. Is there a similar view on the Mac version?

Other than scrolling to find the yellow comment flags in the document is there another way to find them? Ideally there would be a something similar to the iPad to collect and list all the comments.

Simon, welcome to the forums!

This has been a feature request for a while, but the answer is not yet. The workaround is to add a bookmark somewhere near the comment. Those are listed in a special Bookmarks collection in the Project View, and you can click on them to get to the comments. If you name the bookmarks effectively, they provide a nice overview of the content, too.

Best,

Marguerite

• 6 months later...

Hi Steve and Marguerite,

I too would like to put a vote in for being able to display the comments in the document. Unfortunately :-) as someone who has used Word for

many years in business, track changes in a document really helps me review notes and other ideas throughout the document.

I'm loving Storyist and all its features. This is just one that personally would make my workflow much easier.

Thanks so much,

Mark

• 5 months later...

Has this feature been implemented yet? Or, perhaps, is it on the shortlist for near updates? I love using the iPhone version (to read and make notes on my manuscript), but finding those notes on the computer is quite labour intensive right now.

• 1 year later...

Hi RBuday,

Actually, you probably have. It's the inspector sidebar on the right. Currently, text files have info and formatting inspector panes. In the future, there will also be a comment inspector pane.

The only way to see comments in 3.0.4 (for Mac) is to view them in the manuscript itself.

-Steve

Archived