Storyist Forums
Nico

Writing goals tweak

Don't know if this has been asked for already (couldn't find it in a forum search) but I would like to be able to have an "intelligent" session tracker, that get's updated every midnight or something so that I do not have to re-set it every time I sit down to write.

I would also like to have a calendar function in the setting of the project goal, NanoWrimo for instance, and then have the tracker calculate how many words I have to write each day and at midnight updating it with more or less depending on how much I have written the day before...

I've found the Writing Goals option* of the Inspector able to meet my needs but I wouldn't mind an optional auto-reset feature. As for a calendar function that looked like a calendar and displayed daily goal, actual daily word count and accumulated word count, that would be a nice tracking feature. (Not a deal-breaker, but nice.) Maybe some NanoWrimo-like progress graphics, too. So—I third the request.

-T

* Storyists, if you haven't explored this Inspector option yet, it's worth a look.

I agree Thoth, It's not a deal-breaker but it would be very nice to have.

I'm more amazed that you and zengeek could decipher my cryptic "Feature Request" ^_^

....I'm more amazed that you and zengeek could decipher my cryptic "Feature Request" ^_^

I once wrote an entire manuscript in Cryptic. :lol:

-T

My recording method for this month is a easy checklist with the date and a checkbox alongside it. After I complete my 15-minute writing obligation for the morning, I check the box, and I create a note of the number of words I wrote during that 15 minutes.

My recording method for this month is a easy checklist with the date and a checkbox alongside it. After I complete my 15-minute writing obligation for the morning, I check the box, and I create a note of the number of words I wrote during that 15 minutes.

We all have our own methods. I tend to write at night until my hands cramp up, my eyeballs begin to slip from their sockets and I got nothin' left. Then I fix it the next morning. It works for me. I can do 2000 WPD this way easily but I'm a tweaker and I know I'm going to come back to it again and again, sometimes rewriting the whole thing. Which is why I generally don't bother with a daily word count. :wacko:

-T