Storyist Forums

Introductory Storyist for iPad screencast

Steve

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you know about a great introductory Storyist for iPad screencast put together by verxion.

It covers a number of the frequently asked questions, including:

• How to enable and use one-tap Dropbox sync.
  • How to set up the UI so you get the side-by-side index card and manuscript view.
  • How to add chapters and sections.
  • How to rearrange index cards by dragging them.

You can watch the video here.

-Steve

• 6 months later...

Thanks, Steve...that was an excellent video. I wish I saw it earlier before I had to figure it out via trial and error, LOL! I highly recommend folks new to the program view this...it'll save you some time.

One question on it, though:

I noticed the presenter placed some text right after the # section break....right on the same line as the section break. I wasn't sure the real purpose of that as, wouldn't it show up in the final publication? Or is anything on the line after the # not seen in the final product?

That's a pretty important part if someone uses that technique. Can someone also point out why you would want to do this? I'm sure it's painfully obvious but I'm missing the point at the moment.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks, Steve...that was an excellent video. I wish I saw it earlier before I had to figure it out via trial and error, LOL! I highly recommend folks new to the program view this...it'll save you some time.

One question on it, though:

I noticed the presenter placed some text right after the # section break....right on the same line as the section break. I wasn't sure the real purpose of that as, wouldn't it show up in the final publication? Or is anything on the line after the # not seen in the final product?

That's a pretty important part if someone uses that technique. Can someone also point out why you would want to do this? I'm sure it's painfully obvious but I'm missing the point at the moment.

Thanks!

I had the exact same question. I wish it had been answered. I'm still struggling with the details of how to use Storyist as it was designed to be used. I wish Steve would sit down and put together a tutorial video that goes through similar steps for both the iOS and OS X versions so we know how the application was designed to be used. Without that, we're on an easter egg hunt.

Fitch

Fitch,

There are some tutorial videos on the Storyist site, as well as a written "how to" for people coming to Storyist 3 from Scrivener.

The videos are for Storyist 2, and there have been changes to the interface since then, but the basic principles behind the software haven't changed, so maybe you will still find them helpful.

Best,

Marguerite

• Steve unpinned this topic

Archived