Storyist Forums

Full Screen View - Paper Color

KimAleksander

Hi there,

I'm *just* getting into using Storyist, and I like what I see so far.

One thing that would be nice is the ability to change the background color of the "paper" in Full Screen View.

There are some who prefer white text on a black background. My personal preference is a sepia color on the paper. While I know I can adjust the brightness of my screen with the F1 button, sepia is just easier on the eyes over bright white. StoryMill by Mariner Software has a nice way of allowing full control over Full Screen View. I think Storyist users will like having more control here.

Best,

Kim

Hi Kim,

Welcome!

Storyist for Mac already supports customization of both the paper and page background. To do so:

1. Open the application preferences (Storyist > Preferences) and choose the Appearance pane.
  2. Select the Colors tab and change either "Paper (Full-Screen Mode)" or "Page Background (Full-Screen Mode)."

You can set either to a color or a pattern (image). Storyist includes some built-in page textures you can use if you want, or you can supply your own.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

If I were clever, I would find the Paper 1 pattern image and shade it to my spec; but, I'm not that clever. So, I did monkey around with using a custom pattern by starting with something like this and then toning it in Photoshop; however, I'm not sure of the right dimensions so the graphic looks blurry in the background and the seams are visible and somewhat distracting.

Maybe on a future release you can stick in a pre-fab sepia pattern.

For now, I'm fine with a solid color. I started with FFCC99 and slid around for a bit until I got it right for my eyes.

Best,

Kim

Archived