Storyist Forums

Is the iPad version free if I have the Mac version?

SkyJester

I'm new to the Forum so forgive me if I'm using this Forum incorrectly.

I wanted to find out if you have to pay for the iPad Version if you already paid for the iMac full version. I'm hoping that's not the case.

In responding to my reply, please briefly explain how to post topics and if I can download the iPad version without paying another $10.

With Respect,

Sky

OUCH... a professional reply blended with a lackadaisical answer. Have you answered this question so much you've become void of empathy?!?

Can't you understand the pure anger knowing loyal customers who have paid the full version and upgrades, can get the same product for one-tenth the cost?!? Great product or not, this is how you lose customers that built your company, Apple policy or not.

....and trust me... I'm not writing what I truly feel.

Please let me know how to file a $100 refund for the iMac version then I'll decide whether to purchase the iPad version.

Hi Sky,

Have you answered this question so much you've become void of empathy?!? Can't you understand the pure anger ...

Actually, I'm a little surprised by the anger in your reply. I do get this question from time to time from people when they first get an iPad, but since most developers, including Apple, offer their iOS apps as a separate purchase, it's really not been an issue.

Please understand that from a development standpoint, iOS apps are very different than OS X apps, and take time and money to create. Storyist for iPad started as a request here in the forums was in development for more than a year.

get the same product for one-tenth the cost?!?

While both the iPad and the Mac version can read the same project files, the iPad version ($10) doesn't have some of the features that the Mac version ($59) does. These include:

• Kindle and ePub ebook creation.
  • The outline view.
  • The collage view.

They work great together though, especially if you use the one-tap Dropbox sync feature, and I think $10 is a very reasonable price for the ability to take your projects mobile.

Great product or not, this is how you lose customers that built your company, Apple policy or not. ....and trust me... I'm not writing what I truly feel. Please let me know how to file a $100 refund for the iMac version then I'll decide whether to purchase the iPad version.

While I'd hate to lose you as a customer, I'll happily refund any purchase made in the last 30 days. If you'd like to request a refund, just send your order number to the support address and I'll take care of it right away.

-Steve

Archived