Storyist Forums
astillac

TimeStamp

Steve! Wonderful, awesome, fantastic Steve! I have a proposition of wondrous proportions! Mostly because I don't know how on earth it's possible, but hey, I can dream, right?

Do you think we could have a little timestamp feature in Storyist? Say I want to write for at least two hours. I want to be able to click a little button and have it start counting down - maybe click another and it stops. It would be cool to know how long I actually spend writing.

Can it be done?

She who asks too much,

Calli

Calli, just in case wonderful, awesome, fantastic Steve wants to put this off until Storyist 2.0, consider the free* Countdown Timer widget from BaldGeeks.com, or any of the other timer widgets available. Of course, it would be nice to have a Placard devoted to work time...with a pop-up to control settings...maybe an alarm. No one else has this. (Are you listening, Steve?)

Just a thought,

-Thoth.

*Yes, it's free. But BaldGeeks requests a "contribution" through Paypal, if you're of a mind to do so. Also, the widget can be downloaded from the Widgets part of the Apple site.

Steve! Wonderful, awesome, fantastic Steve! I have a proposition of wondrous proportions! Mostly because I don't know how on earth it's possible, but hey, I can dream, right?

Do you think we could have a little timestamp feature in Storyist? Say I want to write for at least two hours. I want to be able to click a little button and have it start counting down - maybe click another and it stops. It would be cool to know how long I actually spend writing.

Can it be done?

She who asks too much,

Calli

Hi Callista,

There are a couple of "stats" related features I'd like to add:

• The ability to track the time spent on your project (both per-session and total).
  • The ability to set word or page goals and track progress to goal (per-session and total).
  • The ability to do timed writing "sprints" (very useful during NaNoWriMo). This is probably what you are asking for, and I think it is a good idea.

-Steve

Steve,

I was looking for the ability to track time spent on a project (per-session and total), so you're right on. The sprints can't hurt either! I look forward to those features. :lol: