Storyist Forums

Issues Between iPad and Mac Versions

RPrescott

When I created a new chapter on my iPad, I went into an existing one and hit Return at the beginning to add another parapgragh. Then I changed the Style format of that paragraph to Chapter and called it Test. I then Synched with Dropbox and opened it on my Mac.

The new test chapter was listed properly after the orginal chapter and the text from the orginal chapter appeared as a section in the test chapter. So far so good.

I then tried to move the section form the test chapter back to the orginal chapter so I could delete the test one. The section then duplicated it self in both chapters and when I clicked on eathier one, the text appeared correctly. I then deleted the section in the test chapter and both sections dissapeared. I undid the change and they both came back. Now I played around until I finally got rid of the test chapter and the text section was back where it should be.

My initial fix to this problem was to create a bunch of blank chapters in the two books I am working on so that when writing on my iPad, nothing like this will happen. I will edit my manuscript on the Mac and use the iPad version simply to type in new text in a blank chapter or to edit existing text.

Hi RPrescott,

I was just reading your other post. It sounds like there are a few issues to figure out.

I tried the steps you listed above and wasn't able to reproduce your results using the default templates. Please send a quick email to the support address and include as much information as you can, including which versions of Storyist for Mac and iOS you're using and (if you're comfortable doing so) the project you created on Storyist for iOS.

-Steve

Steve,

The version of Storyist is 2.4.5 and the iPad version is 2.1.1, both should be the newest.

I just tried to reproduce the issue from my first post using a new default manuscript and it worked just fine as well. Maybe there was some kind of an issue with the imported stuff.

I have already modified my stories so that everything is in one manuscript and things seem to be going ok, so I'll leave it alone for now. If something weird hapens in the future, I will create a new default story and try to repeat it on that and if the problem happens, I'll send you a copy of it.

I am in software support so trust me when I say that I see this type of thing ALL THE TIME. I hate having to tell a customer that I never heard of their problem before and that I can't reproduce it. My biggest thing here was that I wanted to find a workaround for the Storyist issues and I have, so it's not a problem for me. I will provide a lot more info in the future if I have a problem.

Thansk for the quick feedback.

Archived