Storyist Forums

The Storyist iPhone

Steve E

Soon? Right now I think Steve has his talented hands full just getting me my bookmarks.

But I'm curious. You say you don't use any "fancy" software? That would pretty much eliminate any high-end word processor. So what do you use? A (**shudder**) typewriter?

Frankly, I feel Storyist is still worth your serious consideration even without an iPhone app. It neatly solves the problems associated with thorough note taking and progressive ad hoc development without much distraction from the actual writing. For me and many others this is vital. I would also point out that, if you are writing a series, the more books you write the more data you will need to keep track of.

A Storyist Enthusiast,

-Thoth.

Well no, not a typewriter--just Microsoft Word on a variety of different Macs over the years, most recently a MacBook. By nothing fancy, I just meant that I did all the formatting, kept track of notes, storylines etc. without any sort of system other than what I devised myself. I storyboard everything on sheets of paper, redoing them as I go along, working towards major turning points.

I did end up buying the Storyist software though so we'll see how it goes. Nice to have a forum of other writers to talk to. What does everyone write?

Janice

What does everyone write?

I think we're pretty much all over the map with a tendency towards sci-fi. I wrote non-fiction until recently. Now I'm working on a political thriller (don't laugh Isaac) which will be completely developed and written in Storyist. I suppose the rest of the group can tell you themselves what they're working on (shy flowers that they are). We even has people using Storyist to develop graphic novels and video games. (As I said, all over the map.)

Good fortune to you and your own project, Janice.

-Thoth.

Well no, not a typewriter--just Microsoft Word on a variety of different Macs over the years, most recently a MacBook. By nothing fancy, I just meant that I did all the formatting, kept track of notes, storylines etc. without any sort of system other than what I devised myself. I storyboard everything on sheets of paper, redoing them as I go along, working towards major turning points.

I did end up buying the Storyist software though so we'll see how it goes. Nice to have a forum of other writers to talk to. What does everyone write?

Janice

I answered this over in the "New Member Introduction" thread so that Steve wouldn't have to move it. ;)

Marguerite

Archived