Storyist Forums

Inspector Palette won't edit the selected style & Edit Style dialog

CartoonMike

I've been trying to get the hang of Storyist and I've encountered more issues than a 70's newsstand. One of them is the Inspector Palette. I can be working on a script and want to edit the Character style. If I right click for the contexural menu, I can choose the edit style and no problem. However, if I go to the inspector palette, do the same for the character style (when the cursor is in a paragraph with the character style), the edit style dialog pops up — and the style that is in the name box is something like ACT or SCENE.

And in the edit style dialog, the up/down controls to the right of where values are entered for first line indent, etc, don't work unless there's a value other than zero entered. If I would set the left margin to .25, all but the first line has the margin. So the first line indent has to match up with the left margin?

I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing issues like these. If not, maybe a reinstall of Storyist could help?

thanks.

Hi Mike,

I can reproduce the right click behavior you're seeing in the inspector. Are you running Mavericks? It looks like Tiger/Leopard support is interfering with the contextual menu target (in cases where the style you're clicking on isn't the currently selected style). I'll fix that for the next release, but in the mean time, instead of right-clicking on a style in the inspector, click the disclosure button that appears when you hover over a style you want to edit.

-Steve

Archived