Storyist Forums

My personal holy grail, tracking changes

nadinbrzezinski

I realize this is a bear for most developers, but Word got me spoiled...

Others have brought this up as well. For now, all we have is Storyist's very nice annotatable backup function. See File>Back Up... and File>Revert To Backup... (Don't ask me why one is "Back Up" and the other is "Backup". Verb clause versus noun clause? The ways of Steve are as wondrous as they are mysterious. :lol: )

-Thoth

Don't ask me why one is "Back Up" and the other is "Backup". Verb clause versus noun clause? The ways of Steve are as wondrous as they are mysterious. :lol: )

Just following the Apple guidelines, which are to state action commands in terms of action verb phrases in their simplest forms in menu items (e.g. Back Up, Revert).

On the subject of change tracking: I looked into this a while ago and there are some difficult problems (e.g. handling wiki links) that don't surface with snap shots (backups).

- Steve

Don't ask me why one is "Back Up" and the other is "Backup". Verb clause versus noun clause? The ways of Steve are as wondrous as they are mysterious. :lol: )

-Thoth

'Tis not the ways of Steve but the ways of Webster, as in Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th edition, the current holy grail of editors.

Or, it's correct. Stet (says the editor). :o

M

'Tis not the ways of Steve but the ways of Webster, as in Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th edition, the current holy grail of editors.

Or, it's correct. Stet (says the editor). :lol:

M

I bow to your editorial expertise, Lady M.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds - Emerson

A wise consistency is the angel of our actions - Thoth.

I bow to your editorial expertise, Lady M.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds - Emerson

A wise consistency is the angel of our actions - Thoth.

Damn does that mean I need to get a new dictionary?

Do they make them in CD ROM (silly question I know)

:lol:

I also need to get the latest in Spanish... and I DO HOPE they also make it in CD ROM

Damn does that mean I need to get a new dictionary?

Do they make them in CD ROM (silly question I know)

:lol:

I also need to get the latest in Spanish... and I DO HOPE they also make it in CD ROM

Webster's Collegiate 11th comes with a CD ROM. I rarely crack the book anymore, just call it up on my Mac. I think there's an online version as well, if you need the very, very latest. On Spanish dictionaries, sorry, can't help you.

Marguerite

Archived