Storyist Forums

Procrastination Station

Steve E

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pipe dreaming like that that moves the world forward, 23rd century girl.

Exactly what are you smoking in that pipe and where can the rest of us get some?

-Thoth.

It's a mixture of tofu and peanuts, actually. Try Whole Foods. I recommend Wild Wood, it goes down smooth.

It's a mixture of tofu and peanuts, actually. Try Whole Foods. I recommend Wild Wood, it goes down smooth.

All I could find was a viscus preserve called peafu. It's as close as I could come. Is the smoke supposed to be green?

I also found toenuts but...you don't want to know.

-Thoth

Hahah! Is this a hint?

Off-topic since birth,

- Callista

A gentle one. :D

There is definitely a place for non-writing related discussion among friends in these forums.

I just wanted to move it from the "Using Storyist" thread to help the newer folks here find what they are looking for.

-Steve

A gentle one. :D

There is definitely a place for non-writing related discussion among friends in these forums.

I just wanted to move it from the "Using Storyist" thread to help the newer folks here find what they are looking for.

-Steve

Probably a good idea for the new people, but you know that all this off-topic stuff, like why we've been away from the forum, is a bit like cars gently weaving out of lane from time to time. We do not -- can not -- stay focused all the time on writing. And then WHAM! the topic collides into something outrageous. We're only human.

Are you going to move our discussions about ties, corsets, missing socks, bickering forum bots, Towel Day, captchas and my rant on human trafficking to this location, oh gentle one? And just what is your take on why men wear ties, if I may ask?

Still crazy after all these years,

-Thoth.

BTW: Do you read the off-topic stuff, Steve?

Probably a good idea for the new people, but you know that all this off topic stuff, like why we've been away from the forum, is a bit like cars gently weaving out of lane from time to time. We do not -- can not -- stay focused all the time on writing. And then WHAM! the topic collides into something outrageous. We're only human.

Are you going to move our discussions about ties, missing socks, bickering forum bots, captchas and my rant on Eliot Spitzer to this location, oh gentle one?

The stuff in "Community" seems fine where it is. If you want me to move something there, let me know.

I'll probably try to keep the posts in the "Storyist" section more focused.

And just what is your take on why men wear ties, if I may ask?

I almost never wear ties, so I really don't have a clue. :D

-Steve

What a great idea. First order of business should be to elect a secretary to record... er, uh, never mind.

Good one!

:D

(Is this what we'll be doing here: Commenting on the fact that we can make off-topic comments here?)

How do I remove an accidental double post?

(From below)

You don't. Better to cover it up with something off topic.

Okay.

The first hamburger steak - named after the Baltic port of Hamburg - is thought to be a late-19th century invention whose popularity soared after being served at booths at the 1904 World Fair in St. Louis, Missouri. New evidence suggests, however, that the recipe can be traced back to ancient Rome.

A recipe for Isicia omentata, found in an ancient Roman cookbook called "De Re Coquinaria" describes what may be the first hamburger: Finely cut pulp of pork is ground with the hearts of winter wheat and diluted with wine. Flavor lightly with pepper and broth and if you like add a moderate quantity of myrtle berries also crushed, and after you have added crushed nuts and pepper shape the forcemeat into small rolls, wrap these in caul, fry, and serve with wine gravy.

Yum.

-Thoth.

You don't. Better to cover it up with something off topic.

IF

Off-topic? Hah! Aren't the corsets and ties and sockless heroes going to show up in a novel one day? :) Off-topic in terms of Storyist, only.

All we have to do is keep our sockless heroes away from "Using Storyist." That's not such a big deal, is it? Seems reasonable to me. Or am I just being led around on a leash by the Man (that would be you, Steve :) )?

I might just mention that y'all have been so busy commenting on where we should place our off-topic comments that my lovely little dissertation on men's ties has gone unremarked....

Back to the salt mines, comrades, before a dominatrix schoolmistress forces us all into corsets! :D

M

Off-topic? Hah! Aren't the corsets and ties and sockless heroes going to show up in a novel one day? :) Off-topic in terms of Storyist, only.

As usual, Lady M, I find myself in complete agreement with you.

All we have to do is keep our sockless heroes away from "Using Storyist." That's not such a big deal, is it? Seems reasonable to me.

As usual, Lady M, I find myself in complete agreement with you.

Or am I just being led around on a leash by the Man (that would be you, Steve :) )?

As usual, Lady M, I find myself in complete agreement with you. **squawk** Thoth wanna cracker!

I might just mention that y'all have been so busy commenting on where we should place our off-topic comments that my lovely little dissertation on men's ties has gone unremarked....

As usual, Lady M, I find myself...wait, I thought you were still gathering crucial tie research.

Back to the salt mines, comrades, before a dominatrix schoolmistress forces us all into corsets! :D

Oh, the stories I could tell you. But this isn't that kind of forum. :)

Waiting for your tie coup de grâce.

-Thoth.

All we have to do is keep our sockless heroes away from "Using Storyist." That's not such a big deal, is it? Seems reasonable to me. Or am I just being led around on a leash by the Man (that would be you, Steve :P )?

So I move a couple of posts about toenuts from the "Using Storyist" topic and suddenly I'm "the Man"?

Sheesh! Tough crowd. :)

- Steve

So I move a couple of posts about toenuts from the "Using Storyist" topic and suddenly I'm "the Man"?

Sheesh! Tough crowd. :P

- Steve

That's alright, Steve. You can still redeem yourself by buying the next round.

IF

Sheesh! Tough crowd. :P

Dems toenuts for ya.

Nice to see you here on the lighter side of the forum.

-Thoth.

Archived