Storyist Forums

Procrastination Station

Steve E

What he said. But are you running Office 2008 under Tiger or Leopard?

Sorry, I took too long to save.

-Thoth.

I'm still running Tiger (10.4.11). One of the companies to which I send files hasn't upgraded from Adobe CS, and although in principle (as the Russians say) CS3 has this file interchange format, (1) I don't want to spring megabucks for CS3 and (2) in practice the conversion seems to create certain bizarre problems even with files that aren't also traveling cross-platform. So until they get a clue, I'm avoiding Leopard.

The Safari version is 3.1. Could there be a compatibility issue?

But in any case, I'm going to try Steve's solution first. I don't care if the PDF downloads instead of displaying. I just don't want the whole setup to crash. I tried several times to fix it through Acrobat, to no avail.

Thanks to you both,

Marguerite

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should I get rid of the AdobePDFViewer plug-in now?

Get rid of as in move to the trash or get rid of as in move out of the folder? That folder is where Safari plug-ins live. If you want Preview to be your default PDF viewer, move it out of the folder. If you want the Adobe plug-in to be the default, leave it.

Note: If you remove it, the Adobe updater will ask you if you want to reinstall it. Just say no.

-Steve

Get rid of as in move to the trash or get rid of as in move out of the folder? That folder is where Safari plug-ins live. If you want Preview to be your default PDF viewer, move it out of the folder. If you want the Adobe plug-in to be the default, leave it.

Note: If you remove it, the Adobe updater will ask you if you want to reinstall it. Just say no.

-Steve

Thanks. So if I just leave it on the desktop both Acrobat and Safari will work?

Sorry, I'm a writer, not a computer wizard (to paraphrase Dr. McCoy)!

M

• 2 weeks later...
Evil alien overbluepaper?! You let that one past after attributing my Evil Alien Overcookies to some "kind of warped mind"?! Sheesh. What a group. :lol:

Watching,

Marguerite

I'll have you know that I did three rooms in evil alien overbluepaper. It's a shade darker than robin's egg blue but more alien, and a touch more evil.

:lol:

-Thoth.

I'll have you know that I did three rooms in evil alien overbluepaper. It's a shade darker than robin's egg blue but more alien, and a touch more evil.

:lol:

-Thoth.

Have you, er, connected this decorating decision with your, er, ability to attract Evil Alien Overladies and Muffins with Attitude?

I hear they hate pale pink. :lol:

Calli, very cool site. For a wild moment I thought it was a story creation tool! But I'll have go back and give it more attention next time I'm climbing the walls from dealing with too many pages of abysmal translation.

Best,

Marguerite

http://www.allreaders.com/BookSearchAOther...amp;SectionID=0

OK, this is officially cool AND time wasting. *Fab Four Approved*

- Callista

Thanks Calli. I actually found this pretty useful. And three cheers to Steve Gordon (a fellow New Yorker) and his "thousands of volunteers" who helped build the database his engine operates against. But a search engine's results are never better than the database, and I can't completely agree with some of the analysis. (I searched for a lady "lawyer-creature" telepath and got some odd results.) But it's still a worthwhile tool. Thanks again.

Steves are just the most creative people.

-Thoth.

Evil alien overbluepaper?! You let that one past after attributing my Evil Alien Overcookies to some "kind of warped mind"?! Sheesh. What a group.

Do you have some kind of issues with my wordage, or is something more deeply rooted bothering you? I hope it's not about that thing that happened at that time when we were at the place with those people. I still don't know why.

OK, this is officially cool AND time wasting. *Fab Four Approved*

That was a cool find. Bookmarked.

Why...it never occurred to me.

Don't listen to her, Thoth. It's a conspiracy, and I have the physical proof. It's in my-- Where did all these muffins come from?

IF

Do you have some kind of issues with my wordage, or is something more deeply rooted bothering you? I hope it's not about that thing that happened at that time when we were at the place with those people. I still don't know why.

That very one. Clever of you to guess, out of all the possibilities. :lol:

Don't listen to her, Thoth. It's a conspiracy, and I have the physical proof. It's in my-- Where did all these muffins come from?

IF

I dunno. We EAOs in training try to help, but does anyone listen? :lol:

M

I dunno. We EAOs in training try to help, but does anyone listen? :lol:

The thing about advice from Evil Alien Overladies (in training) is that the "Evil" part tends to put people off.

It's all about the EVIL with you guys.

-Thoth.

The thing about advice from Evil Alien Overladies (in training) is that the "Evil" part tends to put people off.

It's all about the EVIL with you guys.

-Thoth.

Fussy, fussy, fussy. **big shrug** One hint of evil and folks run for the hills. No wonder the Evil Alien Overlords lost out in the Great Corset Battle of 1912.

Here, have a muffin. It's blueberry. And tie those Windsor knots well. :lol:

M

Fussy, fussy, fussy. **big shrug** One hint of evil and folks run for the hills. No wonder the Evil Alien Overlords lost out in the Great Corset Battle of 1912....And tie those Windsor knots well. ;)

True. But you forget the Stiletto Heel & Silk Stocking Concession of 1941 (Article 197 Section 23 Paragraph 9) which states, in no uncertain terms, that bolo ties may be worn in substitution. You can't even tie a half-decent Half-Windsor in a bolo. (The "muffin cameo" requirement in the 1952 Bolo Tie Amendment was a bit much, I think.)

Here, have a muffin. It's blueberry.

Thank you My Lady. I'll put it under my pillow for safekeeping.

-Thoth.

True. But you forget the Stiletto Heel & Silk Stocking Concession of 1941 (Article 197 Section 23 Paragraph 9) which states, in no uncertain terms, that bolo ties may be worn in substitution. You can't even tie a half-decent Half-Windsor in a bolo. (The "muffin cameo" requirement in the 1952 Bolo Tie Amendment was a bit much, I think.)

-Thoth.

I stand corrected, if lopsided. Those stiletto heels break off at the darndest times. It's like they get radar signals or something.

Oh, no! Is that the Overlords' revenge?! ;)

Does this invalidate Isaac's challenge? And why is Isaac challenging us, anyway? Was it not he who objected to the academic tone of the tie discussion and introduced the Evil Alien Overlords in the first place?

We Storyists have long memories, Isaac!

M

Archived